A Project That Still Needs Work

Sometimes I see a pattern or a fabric or a photo and it gives me an idea of something I want to try.  When I see the finished project sometimes I am excited because it came out so good and then there are those other times.

This is one of the other times. . .

I found this pattern and thought it would be so cute to make for my grandkids and, if they could be made for a reasonable price, put them in my store.

pillow.jpg

I did not want to buy any fabric for this since it was an experiment, so as I went through my stash I decided to make the pillows for my youngest grandson, Caleb.  His room is decorated with everything Spiderman so it is done in reds and blues.  I had some primary colors available that would work great for him.

Caleb’s name was my first try at the pillows and I was definitely disappointed in the finished project.

pillows.jpg

The pillows came out different sizes and the edges were not smooth enough to give a clear outline of the letters. Adding the details was really hard. I had to use a needle that was about 3-4 inches long and push it through all the stuffing. It was difficult securing the ends of the accent thread and trying to keep it neat.

Caleb will love his pillows just because I made it for him (he is such a sweetie), but I definitely tell I need to put a lot more work into these if I plan on doing them again.

Most of the designs I blog about are custom creations-if you see something you like or I can help you with a custom creation please contact me here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: