A few weeks ago a customer contacted me about riding culottes for her daughter. I created a khaki pair and posted some photos. I used a culotte pattern and tapered the bottom of the legs so they resemble jodhpurs.
The little lady was very pleased with her culottes and her mom came back for a second pair. This time they requested stretch denim for the fabric.
It took me forever to find the fabric. Many stores carry denim but dark, stretch denim is difficult to find. I persevered and, success! I found the fabric at Hancock’s Fabrics.
Today I finally had time to create the culottes. The last pair were just a little too short and came out of her chaps. So this time I made them a little longer and I added a band around the bottom.
The band makes them look like knickers and should help the bottom to stay inside the chaps.
I hope this little lady likes her new riding culottes/jodhpurs.